If NAPFA Engage sounds like a place you want to be, follow these simple steps to get started.
1. Login – Your username and password are the same as your NAPFA.org username and password. You will need to create an account on NAPFA Engage if you do not already have one. (All NAPFA Members have an account automatically created for them.) If you have forgotten your login credentials or need assistance with your login information, click here.
2. Set up your profile – Upload a photo of yourself and complete your bio. You can easily update your profile by bringing your information over from LinkedIn.
3. Customize your privacy settings - You can control who has access to the information you include on your profile by customizing your privacy settings. To access your Privacy Settings, navigate to your Profile, select My Account and Privacy Settings.
Select from My Contacts, Members Only, Public, or Only Me for each item on your profile and then click save.
4. Join a community - Engage is home to many communities. Communities are where you connect with others around a topic, share information and learn from one another. As a member of NAPFA you are automatically a part of our all member Open Forum. You can also find NAPFA Study Groups, Committees and other Special Interest Groups. Browse the list of communities and join!
5. Set subscriptions or community notifications
Once you are a member of some communities, you will want to set your subscriptions. To access your Subscriptions, navigate to your Profile, select My Account and Community Notifications.
This is where you can set and control your email notifications from each community you are a member of. We recommend selecting either Real Time - which sends you an email notification as soon as someone post in that particular community, or Daily Digest - which will send you one email containing all discussion posts from the previous day per community.
6. Join the conversation - Join the conversation by creating a new discussion (click on Participate - Post a Message) or by replying to one that is already underway. Remember, conversations with all NAPFA members take place in our all member Open Forum, while conversations around more specific topics happen within our communities.
7. Start networking - More than 3,000 of your peers are on Engage. Connect with them by sending them a contact request. Building out your contact list makes it easier to find and connect with members you know and creates a great source for referrals! Select Network from the navigation.
Then search for a member. Once you find them, click on "Add as Contact."
Need help? Contact NAPFA here.